Holistic Veterinary Healing is looking for a Assistant Veterinarian who is outgoing, competent; compassionate, and willing to learn. The Assistant in this practice is responsible for assisting the Veterinarian in the care and treatment of our patients and their owners. The essential functions are as follows:
- Prepare blood, urine and fecal samples for laboratory testing and submit forms to outgoing labs
- Assist in taking x-rays and forwarding to radiologist
- Regularly sterilize instruments and equipment
- Assist with dental procedures
- Prepare Surgical suite and animals for surgery
- Assist Veterinarian in recording case history, weight, temperature, and other details
- Restrain and stabilize animals during examination and treatment
- Trim nails, give injections and subQ fluids, and perform other routine procedures
- Administer medications and treatments prescribed by the Veterinarian
- Provide basic education on animal care, nutrition, and medical conditions
- Teach clients how to administer medication at home
- Recommend products for optimal wellness, such as vitamins, supplements, dental cleaning, flea control, geriatric care, and dietary measures
- Maintain animal records and billing information
- Prepare and label medications to be sent home with the patient
- Organize, label, and restock supplies and retail products
- Make reminder calls and medical call-backs as needed
- Retrieve the mail and prepare and send packages
- Answer phones, make appointments, check out clients, and assist receptionist as needed
- Train new employees
We are looking for someone who has an associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or two to three years of related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Also, someone who is a good communicator and is detail oriented, and who loves animals. Each member of the team is expected to wear scrubs and maintain a neat professional appearance.
This is a full-time position of approximately 34 hours per week, 4 days a week. The hours of work and days will vary from Monday through Saturday, between 9:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Cecelia Bonfils, Hospital Manager, at HVHHospMgr@gmail.com.
Associate Veterinarian – Position Open
Holistic Veterinary Healing in Germantown, MD is a full service small animal practice with an opening for a full time Associate Veterinarian with Alternative Medicine experience and qualifications. We are seeking a doctor certified in Veterinary Acupuncture as well as other alternative therapy modalities.
HVH offers full service integrative care where we view each patient as a whole and focus on the root of disease for projected long term healing. This includes dental and surgical care, chiropractic, acupuncture, herbal and homeopathic medicine. The clinic owner has over 28 years of holistic experience and is looking forward to sharing cases
with an associate.
We are equipped with digital radiology, new dental equipment and a full surgical suite and we offer UVB Ozone Therapy, Stem Cell & PRP Therapy, Food Therapy, and Laser
After-hour emergencies are referred to a local and highly respected emergency – specialist practice in nearby Rockville, MD.
Germantown Maryland is located northwest of Washington, DC and HVH draws clients from all over the mid-Atlantic region. Clients come here because they are looking for a better way to care for their pets and they find a loving compassionate environment with a staff who cares about their well-being.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to our hospital manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.