Floater (Receptionist/Vet Assistant) Position Open
Holistic Veterinary Healing is looking for a “Floater” to join our growing practice who is outgoing, competent; compassionate, and willing to learn the holistic way. The Floater is responsible for helping the receptionist at the front desk and assisting the Veterinarian in the care and treatment of our patients and their owners when the Vet Tech is otherwise unavailable. The essential functions are as follows:
• Answer phones, make appointments, check out clients
• Prepare and label medications to be sent home with the patient
• Maintain animal records and billing information
• Organize, label, and restock supplies and retail products
• Make reminder calls
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, and invoicing
• Retrieve the mail and prepare and send packages
• Restrain and stabilize animals during examination and treatment
• Assist Veterinarian in recording case history, weight, temperature, and other details
• Teach clients how to administer medication at home
• Prepare blood, urine and fecal samples for laboratory testing and submit forms to outgoing labs
We are looking for someone who has an associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or two to three years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Also, a good communicator who is detail oriented and loves animals. Each member of the team is expected to wear scrubs and maintain a neat professional appearance.
This is a part-time position of approximately 20 – 28 hours per week, 4 or 5 days a week. The hours of work and days will vary from Monday through Saturday, between 9:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Cecelia Bonfils, Hospital Manager, at HVHHospMgr@gmail.com.